What is a cookie?
Cookie is a small piece of data stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information or to record the user's browsing activity .
Cookies help us improve the usability and performance of our site. Cookies are small text files that allow us to compare and understand how our users navigate through our website and be able to improve the navigation process accordingly. Should you do not want to receive cookies, please set your Internet browser to delete them from your computer's hard drive, block them or notify you in case of their installation. To continue without changes in the configuration of cookies, simply close the window and continue on the web page.
Types of cookies
There are different type of cookies. They can be classified according to their purpose to get information about the user:
- Technical cookies: strong> Are those that are essential to allow the user to navigate through a web page, such as those that allow you to store the data from an online order.
- Personalization cookies: strong> This type allows you to customize the functions or contents of the website based on the data obtained from the browser. Through these cookies we can present a website in the same browser language used to visit the web.
- Analysis Cookies:They are used for statistical purposes only. A clear example could be the cookies generated by the Google Analytics tracking script.
- Advertising Cookies and online behavioral advertising: strong> Are all those that aim to improve the effectiveness of commercials. Thus, Google's ad network or adservers include this type of technology to provide the desired service to their customers.
For more detailed information on cookies and their use at www.aboutcookies.org.
How to disable cookies in popular browsers?
- Chrome: Settings → Show Advanced Options → Privacy → Content settings.
For further information, consult Google support or Help browser.
- Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet options → Privacy → Settings.
For further information, consult the Microsoft support or Help browser..
- Firefox: Tools → Options → Privacy → Historial → Custom Setting.
For further information, you can consult the Mozilla support or Help browser.
- Safari: Preferences → Security.
For more information, contact Apple Store Customer Service or the browser's help centre.